Thursday 21 October 2010

Every cloud has a silver lining......

Things are going well so far with the renovation.. the roof is back on and looks lovely, On Monday we had a call to let us know there was a delay of 2 weeks on the order for our new floorboards, an exotic hardwood... and there was no guarantee of them arriving in 2 weeks either... I was adamant we should wait , until we popped in to the workshop to take a look at some alternative samples... and I realised that I didn't actually like the wood I had ordered anyway.(It looked very different when it was wet). OOPs. So we have now ordered some Portuguese pine floorboards which have the added bonus of being half the price of the others. Phew.
Moral of the story ? Try not to make rush decisions - and pray for a cloud with a silver lining to bail you out when you have made a cock up.

The joists are now going back in as I write and I look forward to having an upstairs again. :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment