Tuesday 19 October 2010

The Portuguese really are plain lovely.

I am so loving everything Portuguese today..... bit of a shock this morning to find it was only 4 degrees (brrrrrr) and we had to clear the windscreen before Lee could drop the kids up to the School bus.... weirdly it got to 32 degrees by lunchtime and I managed to get mild sunburn on the back of my neck whilst gardening ! we have been out all day tackling giant brambles and overgrown chaos and it is beginning to take shape.
This afternoon when I collected Sienna from the bus her lovely chaperone lady presented me with a lovely marmelade in a gift bag that she had made for Sienna .... I was so chuffed... how lovely ! she told me if we like it she will bring us some more. The Portuguese are so generous with gifts of produce, you pop into the local shop for juice and get given grapes from their vines... and the neighbours often pop down with bags of fruit, green beans eggs etc.. sometimes we find bags of things hanging at the front of the house and have no idea which lovely neighbour has left them there to be able to thank them ! Our veg patch went horribly wrong when I switched the irrigation system off and totally forgot to switch it back on ... oops. I need to think of some suitable wares to offer back as way of thanks to these guys..... what lovely people :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment