Saturday 24 July 2010

Vimieiro river beach...


This photo does the place no justice at all... I spent the day here last Sunday with Ade, Caroline, Evie, Marcus Mickaella, Luca, Elsie and M&Ms buddy Grant. This picture was taken from the shaded bank where there is a long row of picnic benches, several BBQ's and a restaraunt. Most people seemed to have brought or were cooking their own food ..like us... There were families and couples and guys playing dominoes....
Either side of the picnic benches are tall trees in a row either side.... someone had a plan many years ago and it it lovely. So this is my Portuguese Tarr steps... (my favorite place in the UK on Exmoor). you can walk across the shallow water on the bridge and swim.. this is fed from the River Mondego.... so it is chilled!
I would have got some better shots but it was not safe to carry my camera whilst drinking Cerveja and plotting water fights... so next time...... !

No comments:

Post a Comment