Wednesday 28 July 2010

Wild fires....


Northern and Central Portugal have been struggling to deal with numerous wildfires the last three days and smoke has been visible all day here... this photo was taken at about 20:30 this evening from the roof.... I can smell it but it is several km away ..... now it is dark the sky is glowing orange... blimey. I do pray nobody gets hurt.
2 hours ago a helicopter flew over us carring a huge 'bucket' of water scooped from the dam... weirdly it looked like a bucket of smoke.... !
I had a look on the online news and there is an article posted 9 hours ago saying that Italy have lent Portugal two water bomber planes and Spain have already sent aircraft - to assist the authorities in containing the fires.
Hopefully it will be out tomorrow and the blue skys will return...
Along with my boys ;O)
I am praying that they are feeling better having taken travelsickness tablets for the return ferry as they were hugging toilets on the way there..... oh blimey we have had a power cut and my fridge sounds like it is about to take off now it has come back on...... aaRgH.
I'm outta here......... !!

No comments:

Post a Comment